La Crosse Sign Group is looking for a Fabrication Assistant as a key component in our continued growth. This position is located at our Onalaska location. The position is full-time, with benefits and an excellent working environment. The successful candidate will be a key team member in our Fabrication Department, assisting with the fabrication of signs, keeping shop clean, and helping with other tasks. Proven fabrication experience desired.
High school diploma or equivalent required, Additional technical college coursework in auto body repair and painting desirable. Must have strong mechanical abilities, knowledge of hand/power tools and excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Cut/bend/weld steel and aluminum parts for signs.
- Refurbishing and cleaning signs.
- Prep/Paint sign parts.
- Trimcap acrylic letters.
- Use of power C+C machines.
- Read and understand production artwork.
- Completes all paperwork related to the production process according to established procedures.
- Documents all materials to ensure accurate inventory records.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualities/skills:
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Suite.
- Possess basic tools (i.e. hammer, level, screwdrivers, wrenches, tape measure).
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize projects, work under pressure, excellent time management and organization skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Welding and/or Fork Lift experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience a plus.
If you possess these qualities and desire a rewarding career with a well-established company, please send us your resume or fill out an application at our Onalaska location.
Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.